Founded in 2009, Rock County 5.0 is a public / private initiative to advance Rock County’s economic development vision through a single voice. This vision, which has been developed through various interrelated local and/or countywide plans, represents a holistic approach to repositioning and revitalizing our economy. By working together as one community, we are effectively influencing the area's economic landscape by aligning efforts and leveraging resources in the following areas: Business Retention & Expansion, Business & Investment Attraction, Small Business & Entrepreneurship, Real Estate Positioning and Workforce Profiling.
Rock County 5.0 fosters a culture of collaboration, opens / maintains functional communication channels and create connections - among and between various constituency groups. These activities strengthen and grow our existing assets and opportunities; encourage and identify new assets and opportunities; and accelerate and cultivate emerging assets and opportunities.
Support for Rock County 5.0 derives predominately from the private sector, with additional assistance leveraged from individual, philanthropic foundation and some public sector (in-kind) sources too. To date, more than 60 businesses, non-profit organizations and individuals have contributed their financial resources and in-kind services to support Rock County 5.0.
A 5.0 Advisory Council, representing a cross-section of the County’s industry sectors, will oversee this initiative (see the list below). Co-Chaired by Diane Hendricks, Chairwoman of ABC Supply Company, and Mary Willmer, Community Bank President of BMO Harris Bank's Wisconsin Division, the Advisory Council will provide guidance and recommendations as they relate to 5.0's implementation. Meanwhile, the economic development organizations and their staff from Beloit, Janesville and Rock County will connect the public sector to this 5.0 initiative; thereby, ensuring alignment and consistency with approved plans.
- David Cullen, J.P. Cullen & Sons
- Diane Hendricks, ABC Supply Company, Inc.
- Robert Crain, Alliant Energy
- Gerry Behan, Kerry Americas
- Henry Knueppel, Regal-Beloit Corporation
- Jane Blain Gilbertson, Blain Supply, Inc.
- Jim Fisher, The JBF Group
- Joe Pregont, Prent Corporation
- Mary Willmer, BMO Harris Bank
- Paul Palmby, Seneca Foods Corporation
- Richard Gruber, Mercy Health System
- Rob Gerbitz, Hendricks Commercial Properties
- Ron Ochs, Janesville Foundation
- Steve Eldred, First National Bank & Trust Co.
- Tim McKevett, Beloit Health System
- Tobin Ryan, Seidler Equity Partners
- Tom Eckert, Blackhawk Technical College
- Tom Ptacin, Klobucar Construction Company